Just Purchased; 1952 Commodore 8

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I rejoined the HET about a year ago and I have just purchased, yesterday, a 52' Commodore 8. The car is in pieces as the restoration was started, but the previous owner, upon retiring and wanting to move, decided to sell the car, all pieces, and a parts car. Since the motor and trans are rebuilt and back in the car I am confident my mechanical skills along with a lot help from HET members rebuild the car.

I am planning to purchase from the HET Store the 48-52 shop manual and the 48-54 body manual. A "1952 Group Parts Catalog" came with the car, is this sufficient or could I use the 48-54 master parts manual from the store?

Do any 1952 Commodore owners have any pictures that they will email me, or tell me where I can find them? I would like to see a finished car with the trim, I know it should be similar to the Hornet, but there are probably some differences. Email to hetdpledford@adelphia.net (drop het)

In the WTN an Earl Huffman is shown as being in charge of the registry of the stepdown 8's, does anyone have his email address?

Pat Ledford

Comments

This discussion has been closed.