49 Commordore Trunk Handle

rambos_ride
rambos_ride Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Hi All,

My trunk handle on the 49 Commodore is like most - the base is broken. I was going to weld the handle and have it re-chromed but when the handle broke it twisted the base making it impossible to line up and get correct.

Anyone got a line on one of these babies? Part #cb-15073

Thanks

Comments

• Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    I believe a local (Atlanta) member here has one ... I'll be going there Friday (2/4), and will check it out.
  • rambos_ride
    Thanks Park W - Let me know what you find out.
  • Park_W
    That's the trunk emblem that's above the handle assembly ... different piece.
  • Park_W
    My friend here has a complete assembly (main base piece, lamp housing, the fixed (left side) handle, the locking handle, etc.). It's a bit rough but might rechrome OK. He also has a separate main base plate that's in a bit better condition. As I re-read your post, it seems you need only the locking handle ... right? The assembly mentioned here does have a decent locking handle, including the lock. I think $30 might buy the whole assembly.
  • rambos_ride
    Park W

The main base is really what I need - I have the left/right handles, lock and light and housing in good condition.

my email is dan@ypfs.com - just contact me via email and see if we can work something out.

Thanks for the help -

Dan
  • Park_W
    Contact has been made.
This discussion has been closed.