Braided Water Lines

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in Street Rods
Have any of you modifiers kept your Hudson engine but used braided water lines (heater and radiator)?

Did you use the simple hose clamp covers or did you tap the block and put in billet connectors and used real pressed ends?

Was the firewall connection hard to swap with the new threaded connectors?

I am considering some window dressing for the Pacemaker.

Comments

• Pacemaker500 wrote:
    Have any of you modifiers kept your Hudson engine but used braided water lines (heater and radiator)?

Did you use the simple hose clamp covers or did you tap the block and put in billet connectors and used real pressed ends?

Was the firewall connection hard to swap with the new threaded connectors?

I am considering some window dressing for the Pacemaker.

I haven't got that far yet, but figured I would use braided lines for the water lines for the time being. I'd like to use the solid lines down the road though (as much as is practical) since they look nicer.
  • Hudson308 wrote:
    I used the flexible "corregated" stainless hoses (such as Cool Flex) for the radiator, and plan on installing the same for the heater hoses behind the factory hard line. One advantage of this is the lower radiator hose holds that 40 degree bend rather nicely.

Yes, I ahve seen those as well. I am partial to the anodized "billets" of colored metal accenting the silver braid. I know, it may not be OEM, but I like to look at my resotration as functional art.
This discussion has been closed.