Twin H

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Greeting All,

I've recently become interested in Hudson automobiles from the 50's and hope to own one soon. For now I'm just doing the research and have a few questions to pose to the group.

1. I've noticed that 1954's seem to always have the Twin H set-up. Was this standard equipment or an option?

2. What was the standard material used for the interior? Mohair, Leather or clothe?

3. Where can I find production figures and Serial number information?

Thank you,

CC

Comments

• I'll try for a couple of your questions:

#1. I believe the Twin H-Power was an option only on the Hornet models, and that it was indeed optional.

#2. I believe cloth (possibly with vinyl bolsters) would have been the standard seat material, vinyl and cloth for the door panels. Someone will no doubt have the final word on this though.

#3. A total of 51,314 1954 Hudsons were shipped, but unfortunately any records as to the breakdown in terms of models or body style, went into the dumpster in '54 when Nash and Hudson merged. For a webpage listing serial numbers go to Alex Burr's very informative site at http://groups.msn.com/HudsonGeneralSpecifications/19501954hudsonserialnrs.msnw .

If you have an interest in Hudsons and have not already done so, I would advise you to join the H-E-T Club. Their web address is http://www.hudsonclub.org/
  • EssexAdv
    EssexAdv Expert Adviser, Member
    Boy did Jon Miss the boat on that one. The standard material for Hudson Hornet sedans in 1954 was a Corduroy. There were 3 colors avaliable. Brown, Green and Blue. The main seatin surfasce was the cord while the bolsters were of a non-textured colth. Cord was a lighter shade while the bolster material was in a darker color. The doors were primarly the cord material and trimed in a darker vinyl material.

Re teh twin-H
    Twinn H could be bough as an option on any 54 model, Wasp, Jet, Hornet and even the post-merger Hornet specials.

Leather was an avaliable option and tended to be purchased on the Hollywood hardtops nad the convert's

I have owned 7 54'Hornets and currently have a 60,000 mile all original (not Restored) 54 Hornet, (not Restored)
    Hope this clears things up a bit.
This discussion has been closed.