48-49 Front bumper needed

SuperDave
SuperDave Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I need a replateable front Bumper for a 48-49. I have a 54 with dents. The bolt holes are all together different. We have a plateing shop here in Melbourne Fl. that can do one...if I had one.

Anyone had experience with Bumperboyz ??

SuperDave

Comments

• I have a friend who had a ford bumper replated last year by Bumperboyz from which the plating is now beginning to peel. They do not do show plating (copper, nickel & chrome) but merely chrome plate directly over the steel which is a lot cheaper to do. I just had a 54 front bumper rail only replated to the tune of $600.00. Hope this information will help guide you to a decision. Cliff Minard.
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    Hi

I found this link to Restoration Chrome in Spokane WA - I haven't used these guys yet, (I don't know if another member has experience with them?) I'm planning on using them as they are somewhat local and I like the fact they post their prices up front and available on the web.

Heres the URL

http://www.restorationchrome.com/index.htm
  • EssexAdv
    EssexAdv Expert Adviser, Member
    I checked out Bumber Boyz at Carlilse. I found their work to be less than used car aftermarket. Then there is the issue of the folks who run the place. they woudn't let me inspect any of the wrapped bumpers even with cash in hand...sounded too shady for me so I went elsewhere.... ANd they didn't even want to talk about Hudson
  • Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    Dave, I think friend Herbert Bell here north of Atlanta probably has a decent one. A couple of us are helping Herb inventory his parts, and will be doing bumpers next week. I'll post here if we find one. Chances are good, as Herb has had several '48-'49s. Too bad I'm driving the Hornet, and not the pickup, down to Pratt's meet in Stuart ... I could bring one down!
  • stay away from SBumper boys
  • Before I'd take my chrome to someone, I'd do a Better Buisness Bureau check.

http://www.bbb.org/
This discussion has been closed.