1936 Polices and Procedures..

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
My grandfather recently passed away and i got his box of old car manuals and literature from his old dealership. one book that I can't find info on is a maroon spiral binder. on the cover it has :

POLICIES AND PROCEDURES

Covering

Claims * Parts* Accessories * Technical

for

Hudson and Terraplane

Distributors and Dealers

*Confidential Information*

Hudson Motor Car Company

Detroit Michigan..

And on the inside cover it has all that is on the cover with the addition of:

Effective October 1, 1935

Revised October 1, 1936

Confidental Information

Do Not Show To Owners.

Also I found a manual for a Hudson-RCA Victor Model SA-37, Many "Hudson News" Newspapers. and lots of Dealership Pamplets; Hudson sixes and eights. Biggest Cars Ever Priced so Low. I don't want to sell, but does anyone know what I got here...Thanks

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    What you have, is some interesting Hudson sales literature! If you don't want to sell, are you looking to give it away? (In which case the Hudson club library might be able to use some of it.) If you plan to keep it, what precisely do you want to know?
  • Basically I'd like to know the value. Is there a market for this stuff? Also I found a Dark colored book which buttons shut. When you open it the first page says: "HUDSON for 1940" America's Safest Cars Are Now America's Smartest. It contains literature on 4 vehicles and has a general section. it is 53 pages long. I guess its a showroom catalouge?
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    There most definitely is a market for the stuff. As to value, that is hard to determine. One method would be to check Ebay for a similar item. Try typing 'Hudson catalog' in Ebaymotors and see what's on sale and what folks are paying. Try it for other similar cars like Buick, Chrysler, Mercury etc. This may give you some idea. The color catalogs handed out by dealers could bring anywhere from $10 to $50, I'd guess, depending on their scarcity and condition. The REAL dealer's stuff--- the confidential stuff and especially the hardbound, enormous showroom catalogs, which have fabrics and paint chips in them, go for a great deal of money (sometimes in the hundreds of dollars for the oldest ones). But again, there is no price list of values that I can refer you to.
  • Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    I have a copy of that "Policy and Procedures" manual. It's a very interesting piece, providing guidance to dealers on how to operate the dealership ... how to set up accessories displays, how to deal with warranty issues, etc. The latter discussion reveals a pretty customer friendly stance on the part of Hudson Motor Car Co.
  • Probably the most interesting item, to me, is and order form with the title: Let Them See. It's a advertisement for dealers to put a "gas tester" on vehicles to "show" people what milage they are getting. Right in the advertisement they refer to it as "bait" for customers. it is also atttached to a 3 page letter from the dealer showing how to hook up the tester to get best economy. it is dated Feb 15, 1940. Also I found a couple old items on Auburn automobile co. I found an old folder with about 40 service bulletin dated from 1931-1934. multiple owners manuals and a 170 page Aubrun-Cord Service Station Operations. it has empty forms of all kinds. I thank everyone for their help. I'm pretty lost with all this but would like to learn a little.
This discussion has been closed.