37 plymouth rearend info

Unknown
edited November -1 in Street Rods
Can anyone tell me what kind of rearend was in a stock 37 Plymouth P3 Coupe. One fella told me they were very strong and somewhere in the high 300 to 411. I converting it to a street rod and don't know if it goes or stays.

Comments

• rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    raykraus wrote:
    Can anyone tell me what kind of rearend was in a stock 37 Plymouth P3 Coupe. One fella told me they were very strong and somewhere in the high 300 to 411. I converting it to a street rod and don't know if it goes or stays.

Hello,

I think you might have mistaken this "Street Rod" forum as a general overview topic but it's actually under the Hudson forum like Hudson - > Street Rods.

Maybe if you posted to a different category you should find someone who can help

Dan
  • raykraus wrote:

I would also believe it would be in the high 3's and low 4's. Being designed to mate with an engine with maybe 80 horsepower, I would think if it stays, it will quickly GO with any decent amount of street rod power. I don't remember these being anyones choice for drag racing. I'd change it.
  • MikeWA
    MikeWA Senior Contributor
    This forum reminds me of the old party telephone line in my small town, where we would even strike up a conversation with wrong numbers. BTW, easy way to figure out rear end ratio- jack up rear end, put a chalk mark on the tire, crawl under, put a chalk mark on the driveshaft, and see how many times the driveshaft revolves with one revolution of the tire.
This discussion has been closed.