Wanted; Power Window Switches For The Hudson Step Downs

Looking for single switches in operating condition to finish out a

project car for a friend.....require at least 3

Thanks,

Tom-wa-

Comments

• Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    Tom, a little more info would help the reader know more precisely what you're looking for ... switches to rebuild and offer for sale, or just one single one, a four-ganger, or what.
  • Tom

The good news is that these switches are easy to come by. They are identical to those used on 48 - 50 Packards, so there are a lot out there. If you cannot find them from a good Hudson supplier, I know Max Merritt has them in stock 800-472-2573. Those guys are not cheap and you can usually find them cheaper elsewhere. Anyway, if you also need the yellow plastic escutheon and knob, they are being reproduced by Jerry at Yesteryear's Radio in OH - (216) 524-2018. He does NOT make the 4 gang escutcheon, only the single. That being said, I think the color is off from the original and is way too bright. Have had several discussions with guys on that and some say I am wrong, but all I know is that when you put his repro's up against any NOS 4 gang example, they are ten times brighter. You are also going to need the chrome bezel that goes around them. Swap meet or Max Meritt will have them.

Hope that helps.
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    I don't have any leads on switches - although I have seen at least 2 of them on ebay in the last few months (one just this week - 45.00+shipping)

I have a 49 4dr Commodore I will eventually be putting aftermarket power windows and would like to use the original looking switches (I love the styling!).

Did they actually make a 4 gang switch for the drivers door? Does anyone have a picture?

Are you using these with the original 6v configuration or 12v? What mod's would need to be made to make them work in a 12v system?

Thanks
  • Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    No mod needed to use the switches with 12v regulator mechanisms. They'll draw less current than the original Hydro-Lectric solenoids do.
  • sdhAVE nos 4 gang switches for 48 thru 53 hudson at 245.00 and singles for 75. includes chrome bezels, bill albrights vintage coach
This discussion has been closed.