Difference between 1936 & 1937 Hudsons?

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
What exactly is the body difference between 1936 & 1937 Hudsons? I know the

front doors open differently, but is there any other major difference?

Comments

• Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    The differences are dramatic. The '36 is much like the '35 mechanically and dimension-wise, but does have the new "fat fender" design, used through '39. The case with the '37 seems to have been "well, we got the design pretty well last year, now let's get everything else updated." Frame is totally redesigned and much stiffer, body is wider and lower, and the new steering gear drastically improved ... simpler, easier to adjust, and a lot easier to steer (California hot rodders of the fifties used to swear by the '37 Hudson and Terraplane steering gears ... they're on a lot of the rods built in that era). In summary, if you're going to drive the car, don't even think about a '36 ... the '37 is roomier and a much, much nicer car to drive.
  • Park is right with the comparisons! Yet, I have owned 2-36 Terraplanes and the first one drove just fine. It was a 2dr coach. The one I have now drives like a tractor and am still trying to track down a decent steering gear. It is a rumble coupe and looks cool, but might as well be driving a model A Ford. It should also be mentioned that the 36 engine was a one of a kind, making some parts a little toughter to find. It was fun to have the opportunity to talk...Hudsonly, B.
This discussion has been closed.