One man's trash is another man's treasure

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Hi hi! My father has, for many years, been a Hudson and Lincoln enthusiast and now that he is getting on in years he is unable to stay active in a hobby that he has loved for so long. Over the course of time he has accumulated many periodicals and other publications related to Hudsons and Lincolns as well automobiles in general. He has begun to clean out the closets of these publications he couldn't part with before. I hate to just take them to the recycle bin or Lion's Club for donation because I feel like they may be of value to another enthusiast.

The reason I am posting this is to see if anyone can direct me to a group or museum that might be willing to take some of them off our hands for the cost of shipping. I know he has a large stack of "The White Triangle News" as well as many "Hemmings", "Car and Driver" and "Skinned Knuckles". I haven't taken the time to sort through all the boxes for titles, but my stepmother has kept them pretty well in order when they stored them. I can get more detailed information if I know someone might be interested. We live in Texas just out of the Austin area.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!

Comments

• hEMMINGS NOT TO VALUABLE, ADVERTISE THE WTNS ON E BAY OR IN THE WTN. SKINNED KNUCKLES A GREAT PUBLICATION WITH MANY RESTORATION TIPS, ALTHOUGH NOT TOO WELL KNOWN. CAR AND DRIVER , OLDER ISSUES PRE 70 ARE QUITE COLLECTIBLE, GOOD LUCK, BILL ALBRIGHT
  • I live in Georgetown Texas and would love to have anything related to Hudsons, plus the Skinned Kuckles pubs. I am in the process of restoring a 1950 Hudson. My work number is 512-838-7810. I have become a HET member and am waiting for my first copy of the White triangle News. Does your father live off county road 234 by any chance? I met a person there who has worked with hudson's for may years.....
  • Always looking for WTNs. Skinned Knuckles would be an interest too. Please let me know. I have a Hornet I need to pick up in Texas this spring and the guy that has it now could possibly pick up the mags from you. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.