If you don't have one - Get One...

rambos_ride
rambos_ride Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in Street Rods
A Shop that is...He he! Honestly, if you don't have one, sell your house, quit your job - do whatever it takes and buy a place with a shop.

Yes, I'm finally smiling a bit over here. I had a big moving van that I bought in the shop for the last few weeks to get it cleaned up for sale
(http://www.49c8.com/1989C30.Aspx willing to go down to 5k...)

So the Hudson is back in the shop and tools are sorted, compressor is up and running, heat is working (albeit temporary) and the ice water and cold beer is in the fridge...time to start humping on the Hudson again!

The passenger front floor pan is the target. I'm doing a 2 piece repair the same as the drivers side. This could have been done by just utilizing the floorpan patch only - but this fix is stronger and lends itself to an easier replacement down the road (not by me...I won't be around that long!)

I stopped to give the old back a rest and have a frosty so thought I'd share a picture before heading back to have some more welding fun...Smoke, fire and metal what's better on a Wednesday night when its 38 and the sun aint down yet?

PassengerPatch1FP.jpg
PassengerPatch1TackedFP.jpg

Comments

• very useful pictures dan. my floors still have some life in them but they will be needing work in my lifetime, there still has to be about 50 years in me yet! very similar to the patch mine got some years ago but far improved ie you cut and repalced rather than slapped over the top....
  • rambos_ride
    Yeah - it's a pain...having to fabricate and weld in the same area 2x.

But after everything is ground and prepped for paint I'll seal the seams and it will look nearly like it was factory installed.

OF course no one will ever know it 8" off the ground @ 100 mph :)
  • MikeWA
    MikeWA Senior Contributor
    So what kind of heat do you have? My shop is about 30 X30, and I have a wood stove and a mobile home electric furnace, which blows out the bottom, right past the wood stove. SOP is to start a fire in the stove, then turn on the furnace so it blows the heat around (its own, and the woodstove). Never gets real toasty hot (uninsulated metal walls), but I prefer it around 60-65. I guess I may not be a truly dedicated craftsman, because I was just a shade disappointed when your picture showed work in progress, and not you reclining by the fire with a cold one (and a big smile).
  • rambos_ride
    Right now I just borrowed a 40,000 btu propane heater.

According to all on the Global Warming Bandwagon I shouldn't need extra heat too much longer this year!

What I want is a couple of propane driven infrared tube style heaters but will wait until this summer to find a deal on some.

Wood stoves are great - but kinda hazardous when spraying paint or primer!
  • just move here instead of doing all that fancy heater stuff. i forget what cold feels like
  • rambos_ride
    half baked wrote:
    just move here instead of doing all that fancy heater stuff. i forget what cold feels like

I'm there! Do you need any web programmers?

Would I have to quarantine my dog? That I couldn't do :D
This discussion has been closed.