Next Question

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in Street Rods
Well you have convinced me stay with the 327. but I am going to build the 232 and trick it, hopefully to one day stick it in another p-maker. I know I need to change the rear end, I have read the other post. I'm sure the dana 44 will hold up to anything the 327 will through at it. But I have a 51 and no 44. Are all dana's the same length. Can I ust pull one from a junk yard and bolt it right in. Mona (that's her name) is just about ready to go back together that's all these questions have come up.

Comments

• Hudsonator has been doing research on the Hudson Dana 44 conversions which sound real interesting to me. I believe they use Moser axles and you can upgrade to 31 spline axles. Not sure of the disk brake opportunities, but maybe Mark will pop up here with an answer. I know there is a thread on this somewhere.
  • Dana 44 out of a 52 thru 54 will bolt direct in. Why not go for a 8" Ford, say 66 Fairlane, maverick, easier to find and decent ratio's for a automatic? Will withstand most anything you can throw at it unless you put a zapper motor in the car, Same width too.
  • I just found a dana from a 53 for 50 bucks, so I'm going to go with that than use the upgrade a little later on. Thanks for the info.
This discussion has been closed.