232 Pacemaker valves

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I am trying to decide whether or not to replace the valves while I have the engine apart. The camshaft and lifters look new, I am not sure about the valves. The exhaust valves are made by Eaton. A magnet will attract the base, but not the head. The lap area seems to be OK and is well below the head. A magnet will attract any part of the intake valves and the Lap area looks OK, but seems to be right at the top of the head. They also are made by eaton. The valves do not look like the base has been milled to accomodate any new type lifter, but I do not really know how to tell. Comments?

Comments

• Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    The exhaust valves are a non-mag material. The original valves were 5.735 long.

Eaton is a good quality valve. If they look good, I'd take em out, wire brush any carbon off the valves, seats and stems, and lap them into the same seat until you have a nice light grey line all around. Cold adjust them to:

IN .012, EX 014. and after running it to warm it up, shut it down and adjust them to spec while still hot. IN .010, EX .012.
  • Thank you Sir!
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    Inlets are 2,4,5,8,9,11,

Exhausts are 1,3,6,7,10,12,

1 revolution valve adjustment sequence

1 & 4 up, adjust 9 & 12

8 & 10 up, adjust 3 & 5

2 & 6 up, adjust 7 & 11

9 & 12 up, adjust 1 & 4

3 & 5 up, adjust 8 & 10

7 & 11 up, adjust 2 & 6

Done!
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor

http://groups.msn.com/HudsonTechnicalInformation/_whatsnew.msnw

Go to tech bulletin TS 78-3 - will give you about what Uncle Josh posted, only in table form.

Hudsonly,

Alex B
This discussion has been closed.