terraplane 1936 convertible

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Hi, I have been offered a 1936 terraplane 2 door convertible, right hand drive, car is in very good condition and very complete but need to be restored. I know there was a deluxe and a simpler version, can someone tell me what were the differences?

Thanks

Adrian

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    The differences would be very minor, mostly in terms of trim. The 1936 Terraplane convertibles are so rare that, if you feel the price is right, I would not quibble over minor differences. If the one for sale is the lesser model, you can easily add the necessary gee-gaws to make yours deluxe, if you so desire.

By the way, if you buy the car, you may want to consider adapting it to left-hand drive, as the position of the steering column makes it hard to work on the distributor. However, save all the RHD parts so that you or a future owner could return the car to its original RHD configuration, in order to preserve its rarity.
  • Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    I agree with Jon. If you get the car and need new wood pieces for the top, let me know. The fellow who made a set for me, plus four others, may still have a pattern. These pieces are unique to the '36, by the way.
This discussion has been closed.