Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

rambos_ride
rambos_ride Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in Street Rods
I'm working on fitting up the hudson transmission floor pan cover to fit with the TH400

I thought I'd show you just how close it was to not having to make extensive mods to the trans-pan. Remember I chose not to lower the front body x-member below the original height because I didn't want to affect the ground clearance.

So the TH400 and driveline(s) all fit up into the original space and so far I only have to modify the trans-pan - them Hudson engineers must have been thinking of my mods when they planned this car!

If I had a planishing hammer and english wheel - I think I could have modified the Hudson pan to fit without cutting it... :mad: maybe someday I'll get some better tools!

For now I'll do the best I can!

FrontXRedo_2med.jpg

SideProfileWorking_1.jpg

Comments

• if you had a pacemaker/wasp you would of made it with room to spare i reckon....
  • Doesn't take much cutting for a 700R4 either.
  • rambos_ride
    wkitchens wrote:
    Doesn't take much cutting for a 700R4 either.

That's amazingly similar to the cut-out I'll end up with :)

Do you have a large hi-res sample of that picture you could email me?

Its the rear edge of the pan I'm trying to shape to fit correctly and I want to get it close to what it was...

Thanks!
  • Yes, I have a picture, but I can't send it now. I'll explain........The other day I had to update one of my virus protections. I downloaded the wrong thing first, then after getting the right thing, I went under "add/remove programs". If I had just left well enough alone, everything would be fine,but Noooo. I saw that I had several programs that said, "Date Last Used 02-11-04. Seems that Computer Geek "date last used", and Dumb Truckdriver "date last used", are two different things. So, I was going through all the programs that it said I haven't used in 3 years........and removed them. I didn't stop till I got to "MicroSoft Picture-It". I KNOW I had used it week before, so I quit removing. Now, I have media I can't open, and I've lost the ability to send and receive Email. I called my Computer Guru Brother-In-Law, and he informed me that he is going to have to come over with the disc, and re-do my computer. As soon as he gets me up and running again, I'll send the picture. Me working on a computer, is like a plumber trying to do brain surgery!
  • rambos_ride
    BTDT (Been There Done That)

I use an internet based email service (hotmail) so that I can access it from anywhere/any-pc I can use to get on the internet.

I do use outlook to access email from home - but in a pinch if outlook is broken I can just go to hotmail online and get email.

The only caveat is I pay 20.00 bucks a year to get virtually unlimted attachement sizes as I do a lot of graphics work for clients.
  • hey dan have you tried g mail? some of the kids ive lived with over the years- uni students, design freaks and the like- all use it so im guessing there is an advantage over hotmail.
  • rambos_ride
    half baked wrote:
    hey dan have you tried g mail? some of the kids ive lived with over the years- uni students, design freaks and the like- all use it so im guessing there is an advantage over hotmail.

gmail is just googles version of hotmail - lots of people use it just to say they don't support MS (who bought hotmail a few years ago)

Don't want to start an MS vs. Google post but Google is ridiculously overpriced and bloated company (look at their employment growth alone in the last year) and basically they are just a company trying to hang trinkets off their search engine technology - with nothing really compelling IMHO.
This discussion has been closed.