Stepdown body/frame grafting

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
My '53 Super Wasp coupe has numerous and multiple problems about its underside. The more I have looked, the more I have found. While none of the problems are huge in the locations I find them, by sheer number alone - the situation is totalling up.

I found a '53 Super Wasp sedan that has a very good undercarriage, solid floor pans, and the perimeter frame seems as sound as they come. As I had originally planned to graft, piece by piece, the frame members and floor pans into the coupe; it now is beginning to look more feasible to graft the coupe body to the sedan undercarriage.

As luck would have it, the coupe body is excellent above the perimeter frame with all the intersections (like door post junctions, firewall junctions, and trunk supports to the rear frame) being rot free. Everything below that is a demonstration in the varying degrees of corrosion.

I know this is a path that has been well worn, and I'm looking for input regarding the grafting of a body to another vehicle from the floor pans down. Particularly the possible difficulties I may encounter going from a sedan to a coupe.

Thanks,

Mark Hudson
This discussion has been closed.