Transmission adapters for Kaiser

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I know there adapters out there that will allow GM transmissions to be installed on Hudsons. I was wondering if anyone knows whether an adapter exists for the 226 Kaiser engine with a hydramatic transmission.

Comments

• this is not the place for Kaiser stuff,which you already knew.still blaming the transmission for your poor performance,i see.
  • Those boys on the Kaiser page don't talk back very often. I thought Hudnuts knew everything about orphans, regardless. I'm sorry.
  • The performance problem with your Kaiser may simply be the lack of cubic inches. The late model Kaisers were beautiful cars. I'd leave it stock and enjoy your piece of rolling history. Most Hudson people feel the same way about their cars regardless of engine size.
  • brnhornet52*
    brnhornet52* Senior Contributor
    Hi Jason,

Have you done the adjustments recommended by the members to the linkage and bands? From what you describe, it seems like a linkage adjustment on the TV rod is in order to prolong your shifts.

My Hydramatic would shift from 2nd to 3rd whenever it felt like it too. A Hydramatic man adjusted the rod (shortened it) to prolong the shifts and its fine. While it was in specs originally, it would shift too fast for the Pittsburgh hills, and lug the engine.
  • It's too late to do the adjustments now. The old transmission died on me yesterday. Fortunately I was in the vicinity of the repair shop and it got me that far. I've decided that putting in Chevy transmission is a bad idea and am having it rebuilt. Wish me luck.

Jason
This discussion has been closed.