51 Hudson-new Grill

Unknown
edited November -1 in Street Rods
Hi Guys,

Have Put A New Grill In My 51 Hudson. Am Going To Get It On The Road And Carnt Wait. Dont Know How To Put Photo Her But Have Put It On The Bulletin Board. Will Add More Soon...:) LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK? IF YOU CAN COPY/PASTED TO HERE PLEASE DO SO...:cool:

Thanks Rob

Comments

• Looks great, just like it belongs there from the factory
    Keep us up to date with pictures etc.
    Bob
  • that looks sweet...... by the way, what color is that? from where. looks like a mopar color. thanks dermott.:)
  • Great job, and I love that toothy look!!! Is that 54-55 Desoto grille teeth?
  • I would like to see a shot of this level looking straight onto the grill.

From what I see, it looks like you made something that would be difficult to pull off, work really well. I think that hudsons don't lend theirselves to custom grilles, and this looks pretty well done.
  • It almost looks like a 50 Pontiac!
  • Hi Guys

Thanks For All Your Feedback. Will Post A Level Photo In Bullentin Board. Some One Can Post It Here. I Used 2 Desoto Grills. They A Monted By A Frame I Made Out Of 3/8x3/8 Square Tube. It Is Monted At 6 Pionts-very Strong As I Live Up A Dirt Road. The Colour Is A Black Base And Custom Mix Over. Looks Black To Cherry In The Dark And Red In The Sun. When I Am Able To Move Outside I Will Post More Photos.

Thanks Robert
  • That's got to be one of the best non stock Hudson grilles I've ever seen. Everything is in PERFECT balance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be expensive to duplicate with these years desoto grilles going for $350-600 each.
  • That's the best custom front hudson grill I ever seen. WOW.

terrific work.

even like the color!
  • Swweeett Rob! Excellent work and boy I sure have my work cut out trying to get my Olds grill to look that good in my "50!

Jay
  • Thanks To All.. Great To Be Able To Be A Part Of The Hudson World...
  • essexcoupe3131
    essexcoupe3131 Senior Contributor
    51ROB wrote:
    Thanks To All.. Great To Be Able To Be A Part Of The Hudson World...

Nice paint job , nice to see our brothers across the water doing such fine work ,it would have been pretty had to find to grills there
  • Not a '51, but this is what I did on my '49 pickup:

NewGrilleinHudson-vi.jpg?1096508900

FrontQuarterviewofHudson-vi.jpg?1096412076

I had planned on putting the lower chrome back on that goes above the parking lights, but I didn't find a decent piece before I sold it. I wish I had a pic of it with the hood on, as it looked pretty dang sweet.
  • HI, TRIED TO HAVE A LOOK AT PHOTOS BUT IT WONT LET ME...

MAYBE YOU CAN EMAIL ME THEM? robertshell@bigpond.com

THANKS ROBERT
  • 51ROB wrote:
    HI, TRIED TO HAVE A LOOK AT PHOTOS BUT IT WONT LET ME...

MAYBE YOU CAN EMAIL ME THEM? robertshell@bigpond.com

THANKS ROBERT

Try that, it should work now.
  • MikeWA
    MikeWA Senior Contributor
    Turbopackman wrote:
    Not a '51, but this is what I did on my '49 pickup:

I had planned on putting the lower chrome back on that goes above the parking lights, but I didn't find a decent piece before I sold it. I wish I had a pic of it with the hood on, as it looked pretty dang sweet.

I'm thinking about the same thing for my '48, but with the top bar from a '50, so the emblem is on the same level as the rest of the bar, not above it. Problem is, my car is white, and I think I need something that will cover more of the grill opening and radiator.
  • ESSX28-1
    ESSX28-1 Senior Contributor
    Turbopackman wrote:
    Try that, it should work now.

Still can't get in!!
  • Try this, it's the front door:

http://public.fotki.com/turbopackman/
  • HI, HAVE PUT SOME MORE PHOTOS ON THE PHOTO FORUM. FEEL FREE TO LOOK AT THEM AND EVEN POST HERE.. AS I NOT UP TO SPEED WITH POSTING THEM HERE. THANKS ROBERT:eek:
This discussion has been closed.