49C8.Com: Minor Update

rambos_ride
rambos_ride Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in Street Rods
I'm finally trying to get caught up on some website updates and I have just added a full page description of replacing the front floorpans and modifying the transmission hump center section.

http://www.49c8.com -> Custom How To... -> Floor Pan

In the series of pictures there is an area in the center pan where I made a fabrication "boo-boo" and had to fix it...let's see if anyone can spot it... :D

Comments

• bent metal
    bent metal Senior Contributor
    Really enjoy seeing your metal work. Did not see any mistake, must not have been a big one.
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    bent metal wrote:
    Really enjoy seeing your metal work. Did not see any mistake, must not have been a big one.

No - not a big one - but a good lesson for anyone doing sheet metal work...don't worry about making mistakes they can easily be fixed!

Basically I made the center cut-out "too-big-too-square" and had to add some metal back to make the rounded corners - you can see the 3 areas I had to add metal back in the left image.

I always have people say they wish they had skills to do metal work... a lot of it is just getting into it and doing it and not being afraid to mess something up! Once you learn that you can fix or replace just about anything the skys the limit!

oops.jpg
This discussion has been closed.