1930 Hudson 8 Cylinder Timing Chain Settings

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I am looking for Gear indexing and Timing Chain relationship information for installing a timing chain on a 1930 Hudson 8 cylinder.

Comments

• I would suggest you contact Carl Weber, he's the Club's tech advisor for the 1930-31 Hudsons. His address is on the Tech Advisor page of the WTN (usually page 48) or if you want to contact me, I can give you his e-mail address.
    --Jon Battle, HETdetailed@erols.com, delete the HET before sending.
  • Jon, Thank you for the response. I can't seem to find an e-mail address for Carl Weber. I tried to send you and e-mail at detailed@erols.com, however it failed. Would you please e-mail Carl Webers address to me at [email="dviergutz@umagroup.com."]dviergutz@umagroup.com.[/email]

Dale, I hope you finally received my e-mail...apparently both of our e-mail addresses were posted with commas or periods, which is why they didn't go through!
  • Dale, to set your Hudson 8 timing, have No. 1 & 8 pistons t.d.c., valves 1 & 2 "Rocking". Then remove the cam wheel, fit the chain over, and refit to the camshaft flange, with 20 pins between the marks between the two relative teeth on the cam and crank sprokets' counting as the Hudson reference sheet says "as when measuring distance". That is, the first pin between the cam sprocket teeth is counted as zero, then the next pin 1,2,3 etc. thru to 20, which is between the crank teeth punch marks. Then you set the ditsributor to fire on No. 8 cyl. The cam sprocket has one offset bolt, so it will only go on in one position.
    Geoff, N.Z.
This discussion has been closed.