Wheel color?

SuperDave
SuperDave Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Does anyone know what wheel colors were used on the step downs? The sales literature pictures don't seem to be a reliable source. It seems to me that many cars had the major body color on them. I was just a kid back then and my memory, altough very good, is rather short! I want to do this 54 Hollywood correctly. It will be Palm Beach green body and cream top. I just recently found a rusty rim that appeard to be white or cream and never repainted, so that is one color!

Thanks, Dave W. Fl

Comments

• Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    Dave,

The book doesn't show Palm Beach Green as one of the available wheel colors, but I'd be inclined to do them tha color anyway, rather than cream or some other color (which Hudson did quite widely).
  • this page from the '51 brochure shows different colors to match the cars,other brochures show red wheels-george http://www.tocmp.com/brochures/Hudson/1951/pages/51-11_JPG.htm
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    Park,

What book are useing as a reference? I am looking at a Martin Senour paint chip book for 1949 and I don't see any interior or wheel colors like I have seen for later cars and brands Are you using a Hudson published source? I can't locate my 54 paint book.It must be at the shop. I have seen some sales ads with red wheels that look like someones fantasy. In my case, I agree the body color, or Palm Beach green is a better choice than the cream. White walls look kind of strange against the cream. Thanks, Dave W
  • super-six
    super-six Expert Adviser
    The wheel color for 2-toned '54 models was the body OR top color. The customer's choice.
  • Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    1948-54 Hudson Master Parts Caralog, November 1, 1954, Section UU, pg. 497.
This discussion has been closed.