46-47 Truck Info

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Hello- I am interested in buying a 46-47 Hudson truck to restore. Can anyone recommend any books, magazines etc. that gives information on these trucks? I have a concern, in that I am 6'4" tall and have read that these trucks are very small in the drivers compartment. Is there any way of altering the seat, or are there some models that are bigger than others (I heard there was a "big cab" model. Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• THE CABS ARE SMALL. SEVERAL GUYS HAVE BOUGHT A SED AND USED COUPE DOORS, OVED DOOR POST BACK TO ACCOMADATE COUPE DOOR. YOU NEED A COUPLE OF PARTS CARS TO ACCOMPLISH THIS. i MAY HAVE A GOOD DRIVER COMING IN. KEEP IN TOUCH, BILL ALBRIGHTS VINTAGE COACH, 16593 ARROW BL, FONTANA, CA 922335
  • bill a wrote:
    THE CABS ARE SMALL. SEVERAL GUYS HAVE BOUGHT A SED AND USED COUPE DOORS, OVED DOOR POST BACK TO ACCOMADATE COUPE DOOR. YOU NEED A COUPLE OF PARTS CARS TO ACCOMPLISH THIS. i MAY HAVE A GOOD DRIVER COMING IN. KEEP IN TOUCH, BILL ALBRIGHTS VINTAGE COACH, 16593 ARROW BL, FONTANA, CA 922335

Thanks Bill, I live in the San Francisco area so I could fly down to see anything that you may have (and see if I can fit!) I'll check in with you from time to time

Edwin

650-533-6308
  • dave s
    dave s Senior Contributor, Moderator
    I am in process of restoring a 46 pickup. I am using a seat from a Dodge Dakota that is going to give me more room. Once I get it installed, I'll let you know how much more.
  • My 46 PU has had the steering column shortened by 3". There is still plenty of room between the windshield and the steering wheel. I' 5'9" 190lb and have plenty of room.
  • LanceB
    LanceB Senior Contributor
    Dave S, let me know how the Dakota seat works, I was also told that a Ford Ranger seat would work. What year Dakota are you using?
  • dave s
    dave s Senior Contributor, Moderator
    I am using a 1998 Dakota seat. I'm sure any 48" wide seat will work with modification to the mounting bracket. (I was at salvage yard looking for a Ranger seat, when I found the Dakota seat.)
  • There is a rust free 47 in Hemmings and it is in CA. You might want to take a look. Think they are asking $10,500
  • i have a 46 & a 47 for sale in No.Calif
  • LanceB
    Strever,

You would not have by chance an extra right side running board would you?

Lance
  • i do not have any extra parts

both trucks are drivers & in running condition

the 46 has a later Hornet engine i believe, i was thinking of rodding it

the 47 is an original running truck actually fairly nice

both PU's are in Crescent City, Calif. that is as far north in Calif as you can get :-)

is it proper to post prices ?

Dick
  • LanceB
    Hi Dick,

Yes Cresent City is way up there, love camping at Patricks Point. Go ahead and post your prices and pics, and place the info in the msn page listed in the last post.
  • ok i have posted some picts on my web site with some asking prices

of course i might even trade :-)

here is the page for my Hudson pickups

http://www.strever.com/jag/shop/Hudson/Hudson-4sale.html

thanks for looking

Dick Strever
This discussion has been closed.