1946 Hudson Custom Pick-up

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in Street Rods
Hello Hudson Street-rodders,I thought you guys and girls might enjoy looking at a 1946 hudson custom pick-up that is being built at a shop where I hang out, (I know all the purists will shake their heads in disgust)but this vehicle is going to be one Cool ride, the front end has been clipped with a fatman clip, the rear is a narrowed 9"ford to accomodate the 10 Inch rear wheels, the engine is a 502 big block chevy hooked up to a 4L80E automatic overdrive transmission, the frame has been shortened 13" at the rear to accomodate the custom built box, it has power windows/Ididit column/electric wipers/tilt wheel/cruise/all the amenities of a piece of new detroit iron and plastic.

ENJOY!!!

Comments

• Here Is A Few More
  • That is one nice looking Hudson Truck. I would love to have something like that. Thanks for the pics and keep them coming. Ron
  • they will be taking the body off the frame before too long to do the body work and I'll try to get some pix of the frame then and post them.
  • the frame has been powder coated gloss black, there is a powder coating company about 75 miles from jonesboro that will sand-blast and powder coat a frame cheaper than you can sand-blast/etch prime/regular prime/sand/and shoot finish paint
  • faustmb
    faustmb Senior Contributor
    My experience with powder coating is that it can be done much cheaper than paint. We have a lot of equipment painted at work, but have started using more powdercoat. Not only is our powdercoat guy more reliable, he is 50-75 percent cheaper on average than epoxy paint. I guess it has to do with the prep required for a proper paint job. From what I've seen, a thorough sandblast and a good cleaning is usually all that is required prior to coating. If they have to start using high-temp fillers, the price starts to go up.

I'd love to see those frame pics too. I should have my 47 truck within the next month or two (trying to figure out how to get it here) :(

Matt
  • I like that truck! Wish I had the $$$ to begin another project, that is a good one!
  • Thanks for the pics Bill! Sweet truck. I like the rear pan rolled with the rear fenders....a nice touch.
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    The "built in sun visor" is a really neat trick!
This discussion has been closed.