Drill for new pistons in Austin, tx area

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I have decided to put new "oversize pistons" in my 232 Pacemaker engine. I don't know if I will need +20, 20, 30, 40, or 60. Ken Kates, or anyone else, know a good place to get the cylinder work done in the Austin, Waco area?

Comments

• Alex... can not help you with an Austin area engine builder. Ken Ufheil in Plano works for Kip Motor company in the Dallas area. Kip and Ken recommend a builder there who does outstanding work and is familiar with Hudson engines. My recommendation would be to post a request for Ken U to contact you with contact information on thier engine builder. I have discussed doing my Hornet engine with several machine shops in this area and although the folks are competent at what they do ... usually GM V8s none has any native experience in flat heads or six engines. THe oversize you take the engine will depend on the need to bore the engine and what replacement pistons U can find. First step is tear down and inspect... If you do not have the training and or tools to do the measurements leave that to a machine shop. Once they complete the review... then go find the parts... My advice... such as it is... there are folks in the Brennan area who are Hudsonites too... so maybe someone will see this and provide you some other choices.

Good Luck
    Ken
This discussion has been closed.