34 in pieces

dustymaxhudson
dustymaxhudson Expert Adviser
edited November -1 in Street Rods
Well, I've finally started the frame off of my 34 Hudson Terraplane Coupe. I have all the windows and interior out and have disassembled the body. I have about half the body sanded down to bare metal and have still not decided if I will have it blasted. I'll be taking the body off the chassis soon, so I can take the drive train over to my buddies garage ( he has a couple of lifts) and start on the frame and engine. I'll post some before and current pictures soon. Wish me luck!:) Walt

Comments

• Hi There~

You would not happen to have an extra passenger door garnish panel (the interior part that holds the glass in)? I have been trying to find one for my 34. Anything you can offer is appreciated! Jere

adametje@skybridge.com
  • Good Luck Walt. Post lots of before/during/after pictures. Hopefully, you won't get sidetracked like I have. I still work on my '48 every-so-often, but not like I used to. I was getting out of shape, so I started working out pretty hard. One thing lead to another, and now, I'm back in the boxing ring, after a 35 year vacation from it. I found out I can still take a hard punch, it just takes longer to heal!(ha) I told my wife I need to get the Hudson back together, before I get my brain all rattled-up, and can't remember where everything goes! Good Luck on your project!
  • dustymaxhudson
    Jere, Check with Clark Smith.He has alist of parts in the regular Hudson Forum and he may have what your looking for. He has a 35,but I think the garnish may be the same. Walt
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    wkitchens wrote:
    Good Luck Walt. Post lots of before/during/after pictures. Hopefully, you won't get sidetracked like I have. I still work on my '48 every-so-often, but not like I used to. I was getting out of shape, so I started working out pretty hard. One thing lead to another, and now, I'm back in the boxing ring, after a 35 year vacation from it. I found out I can still take a hard punch, it just takes longer to heal!(ha) I told my wife I need to get the Hudson back together, before I get my brain all rattled-up, and can't remember where everything goes! Good Luck on your project!

I've been wondering what happened to you!

From the last pictures I remember seeing you weren't too awfully far off from finishing the 48??

Great to hear about you getting back in shape - I've dropped 60 lbs since last summer and although not where I want to be yet - I do feel much better than I have in several years.

FYI everyone - to increase your gas mileage - lose 100lbs :D
  • rambos_ride
    dustymaxhudson wrote:
    Well, I've finally started the frame off of my 34 Hudson Terraplane Coupe. I have all the windows and interior out and have disassembled the body. I have about half the body sanded down to bare metal and have still not decided if I will have it blasted. I'll be taking the body off the chassis soon, so I can take the drive train over to my buddies garage ( he has a couple of lifts) and start on the frame and engine. I'll post some before and current pictures soon. Wish me luck!:) Walt

Walt - I love that year of car!

Is this going to be a restoration?

Please get a digital camera if you don't already have one - we all want to see pictures!
  • dustymaxhudson
    Dan, I've got one picture posted of the before in this forum. I am building a Resto-rod. I've got all the hardware shaved on the doors and trunk and have all the modern conveniences such as air, power windows, 350/350 drive train, power locks and pops, but I want to keep the body looking fairly original. As soon as I get my hood apart, I will be heading to the sandblaster and then the real fun begins! I'll keep you updated. Walt
  • rambos_ride
    dustymaxhudson wrote:
    Dan, I've got one picture posted of the before in this forum. I am building a Resto-rod. I've got all the hardware shaved on the doors and trunk and have all the modern conveniences such as air, power windows, 350/350 drive train, power locks and pops, but I want to keep the body looking fairly original. As soon as I get my hood apart, I will be heading to the sandblaster and then the real fun begins! I'll keep you updated. Walt

I do remember the picture - I love my stepdown - but yours is going to a unique and fun ride!

Much better looking than the "other" coupes of the same year IMHO
This discussion has been closed.