custom tail lights

essexcoupe3131
essexcoupe3131 Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in Street Rods
Alright you guys over there , I am looking for some cool tail lights that I can buy on the net to go on my 31 ,had been trying to find a complete pair of 36 lights and seems to be in the to hard basket,

Iam looking for some billet ali or even in a chome finish something prefibly on some sort of stork

as you can see they are going on a 31 but the rear gaurds on this are about 3-4 " wider than factory

any site you guys could suggest would be cool

as Jaye knows Iam on the other side of the world and have tried Googling it and end up getting lost in cyber space looking at everything else but what I am searching for LOL

thanks Mike

Comments

• Not on a stalk but why not consider the triangular shaped 51 tail lights? Mounted on the fender I think would look good. There is a set on Ebay right now. Item # 110123751897
    Bob
  • essexcoupe3131
    Thanks bob I will have a look, but would be still interested atyt looking at some site you guys may noo of

mike
  • i just bought a set of the model A ford repro lights, they are kind of cheezy looking especially for a streetrod, but i like them and they were 48 bucks for the pair, stainless case, with a glass lens. the one light in the center of the spare tire isnt going to cut it for me.
  • essexcoupe3131
    be careful you will get dizzy trying to decide which side to put them on lol

keep hearing of all these sites in the states for custom stuff

I cant find them to save myself

found Jegs and have ordered my first stuff (ididit tilt steering, should arrive this week)

have credit card and too many options only gets you into trouble and debit lol
  • I tried to find a site as well Mike, but nothing. I would just start googling different models and years and look at the pics to see if anything pops out at you. Its been so long since I was looking at anything in the '30's, I don't remember much of the different taillights that were out there.

Jay
  • check.... Jegs.com
    Summitracing.com
    Streetrodcatalog.com
    Heidts.com

Bob
  • essexcoupe3131
    Been to Jegs but will checkout the rest

tried to get some pics of rear end and wont believe it battery flat in digital, got 1 shot in and went to upload and too big to upload Darn

thanks

Mike
  • essexcoupe3131
    this is what Iam trying to acheive this is 1 nice car
  • bent metal
    bent metal Senior Contributor
    That is Richard Swatsley's car. Why don't you ask him what he used?
  • essexcoupe3131
    thanks, David thinks they could be model A but are interested a nice look for me and to that period

thanks Mike
  • that is one nice coupe. did you try ebay? some times there is a good selection of repops thier.
  • essexcoupe3131
    bent metal wrote:
    That is Richard Swatsley's car. Why don't you ask him what he used?

How do I find Richard or his handle?
  • bent metal
    I know he looks through here once in a while. Don't know if he posts. He is in the roster and he lives in Colorado now. That car has a lot of cool stuff including a ford V8 under that hood! When he turns the key the stereo pivots down from under the dash. Turn the key off and the stereo goes back up and out of sight. Cool
  • essexcoupe3131
    Bent Metal,sounds like my sort of guy LOL

Looks like I will invest in the lights form the site htrdhudson suggested , cheap as chips, compared to what they are asking for them down under and only come in Henry Ford Black

Mike
  • bent metal
    I talked to Richard a couple of minutes ago and he said he used 34' Ford tail lights. He also said you should buy them not chromed yet and fit them to the car first. He bought his already chromed and they didn't fit right but he couldn't really do anything about it without messing up the chrome.
  • essexcoupe3131
    I have brought some 28-31 ford lights and are on there way down, I liked the site htrdhudson sent me to most parts were in stainless steel

will check to see if they have any 34 stuff never to late to change and cheap as chips compared to what they are asking here for these lights I may even make a buck LOL

thanks mkie
This discussion has been closed.