continental kit

Chris Smith
Chris Smith Expert Adviser
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I have a 54 hornet club coupe with the factory continental kit. Trouble is that the kit is missing the part that the pivot piece latches to. Im hoping someone on this forum can e-mail me a close up photo of this part so I can duplicate it. (this part being missing allows the spare to lay against the deck lid when it shouldn't)

thanks

Chris

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    From what part of the country are you, Chris? Possibly someone has one of these kits on their Hudson nearby you, that you can examine and from which you can take measurements. If we know roughly where you are, maybe a continental kit owner from that area will come to mind.
  • Chris Smith
    Chris Smith Expert Adviser
    Im in Bloomington CA about 5 miles from Bill Albrights shop in Fontana. He has a 51 that he has put a continental kit on, but its not quite the same as mine and id like to see an original piece.
  • Chris:

Dave Sollen (dsollon@comcast.net) and Bill Cox (smokymtnhet@hotmail.com)have 54s with continental kits...

Hope this helps!
  • dave s
    dave s Senior Contributor, Moderator
    I should have time tomorrow to take digital pictures of latch on trunk of our 54 cv. I will email them to you. Dave Sollon
This discussion has been closed.