hudson eng, trans, rear end

Unknown
edited November -1 in Street Rods
I have not had anyone contact me about my low mileage commodore 8 coupe drive train. This vehicle has approx 17,000 miles. It is a standard trans with the straight eight eng. I do not know if it is overdrive or not. I had someone tell me that, if it is overdrive there should be a knob under the dash. There is no knob, but there is some kind of weird linkage on the driver side of the engine. The engine and trans runs fine. as does the rear end, etc.

If anyone is interested please contact me. I am going to put it on ebay next week and if there is no interest, my restorer will have to junk it as he does not have the room. Thanks

Comments

• Where are you located? If within driving distance I may be interested.
  • MikeWA
    MikeWA Senior Contributor
    Comm 8, I suggest you post on the main board (not just street rodders board)- much greater "readership"- also, the street rodders would undoubtedly be more interested in getting rid of an 8 than in acquiring one. Also, whenever you have anything to sell that's too big to mail, always post your location, as hauling costs can easily be more than the item is worth. The wierd linkage sounds like a "drivemaster" or some such- an option that clutched and shifted gears automatically.
  • thanks Mike
  • Thanks, I am located in central Missouri
  • commodore8 wrote:
    I have not had anyone contact me about my low mileage commodore 8 coupe drive train. This vehicle has approx 17,000 miles. It is a standard trans with the straight eight eng. I do not know if it is overdrive or not. I had someone tell me that, if it is overdrive there should be a knob under the dash. There is no knob, but there is some kind of weird linkage on the driver side of the engine. The engine and trans runs fine. as does the rear end, etc.

If anyone is interested please contact me. I am going to put it on ebay next week and if there is no interest, my restorer will have to junk it as he does not have the room. Thanks

Also, please advertise in the WTN.
  • commodore8 wrote:

How much are you asking for this? I am coming to Fort Leonard Wood the last week of June I and will have an empty van.
  • Birdman wrote:
    Where are you located? If within driving distance I may be interested.

Birdman:

If you and I can make a deal, I might be able to help pick it up for you. I am headed to Fort Leonard Wood, MO (Central MO) the last week of June. I will have an empty van.
  • I am located in south central NC and to far from PA unless for some reason you would be coming through this area. Has a price ever been mentioned?
  • Birdman wrote:
    I am located in south central NC and to far from PA unless for some reason you would be coming through this area. Has a price ever been mentioned?

No price as of yet. But I noticed that you were interested as well. I was speaking up to help save a good (hopefully) engine and transmission. It would end up sitting around my storage unit but saved no the less.

The reason I posted a response to you was that if the price is good, I am going that way. At elast shipping costs to Johnstown, PA would be free. Well, OK, buy me a soda.

I hope he responds to the request for a price quote.
This discussion has been closed.