1939 Hudson 2 door sedan for sale

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I have no Information on the car but I saw an add today in the Athens Georgia paper that reads "Hudson 1939 2DR Sedan, All original, everything works, $6500.00 Call 706-245-9533" Hope the info interest some of you other HudNuts!

Comments

• Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    Inspected the car today (4/2). It's a '39 112. Body very straight and no apparent rust-through. Seller has been under it and says no rust-through in floor panels. May be original paint, badly oxidized. Everything's there, including all trim pieces. Trunk floor looks OK; gas tank apparently replaced with brand X, and "patchwork" filler neck fabricated to reach the original fender opening. Dash is not too bad ... some deterioration in places. All instruments appear in good shape, including original clock (unusual for a 112!). Upholstery is old; fabric material, pattern and blue color indicate it's a reupholstery job. Door and window handles in decent condition. Original headliner, large portion missing. Engine compartment looks good; engine number shows it to be a '47 212.
  • hudsonsplasher1
    hudsonsplasher1 Senior Contributor
    One thing I noticed about the engine is the distributor is on top, meaning that it's a 40 or newer engine. Not that means much, just my 2 cents worth.

It looks like a decent car to restore.
  • Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    Engine number obtained 4/5; shows it's a '47 212. I saw that rear mount distributor, but noted the firewall wan't bashed for it to fit, so I questioned my recollection that it didn't start 'til '40. Obviously the firewall notch in the 112s (done so the engine could move back a bit) is deep enough to accommodate the distributor OK.
This discussion has been closed.