1950 Hudson-BW Automatic

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Does this trans shift just one time if you start out in Drive? If so does it mean that it starts out in Second gear? Thanks for any replys. :confused:

Comments

• are you talking about drivemaster. there were NO AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS in any 1950 Hudson. the first automatic was a single range Hydromatic iln 1951, this car started out in low and shifted three times to get to high. bill albright
  • Must have my years mixup--this was for a buddy-will check with him. Thanks for the reply.
  • Borg Warner automatics were used in Hudsons in middle of 1954. I have an original Hudson manual for this tranny. It is a 3 speed automatic and with the selector in D it starts out in first (Low) and shifts to second then to third. Same as a auto tranny from today.
  • 51hornetA wrote:
    Borg Warner automatics were used in Hudsons in middle of 1954. I have an original Hudson manual for this tranny. It is a 3 speed automatic and with the selector in D it starts out in first (Low) and shifts to second then to third. Same as a auto tranny from today.

Thanks that is what I needed to know. I must have just thought he said 1950. Will relay the infomation.

Howard Burkhart

Knoxville, Tenn.
This discussion has been closed.