Shocks

TOM-WA-
TOM-WA- Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I am looking for the parts numbers for Front and Rear Shocks for my 54 Wasp.

Is there someone who has purchased a complete set recently (last 6 mo or so) that can provide this info..

The Link to Monroe Shocks on Ken C's web page provides incorrect info since they list both the front and rear shocks with the same part number 31904 and this is not accurate.

Also the Gabriel Shock numbers seem to be outdated since they are not available here on the west cost..

Thanks,

TOM

Comments

• SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    Within the last two weeks I have purchased Monroes for the rear and KYB's for the front from Advanced Auto Parts in Florida. I will check the boxes and receipts today and post the numbers here. I to had some problems with the numbers but can't recall what it was. The rear shocks were in stock at the store and the fronts came from a warehouse a day or so away.

Dave W.
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    OK,

Fronts are KYB bought at Advance Discount Auto Parts March 20 Part number 343138.Price was $28.28 each. Had to wait a couple days for them to come in from Orlando. From experience with KYB's, I feel that they are premium shocks.

Rears are Monroe Bought from same store March 28 (in stock) 59001. These are the softer shocks, they had a stiffer version, but I opted for a softer ride and Cheaper!$14.94 each!

Smooth riding, Dave W Fl.
  • TOM-WA-
    TOM-WA- Senior Contributor
    Thanks for the Input.....Looks Like I'm gonna end up going with GABRIELS all

around since I can at least obtain them here in Washington via Special Order

thru Autozone.....$13.99 each

Gabriel 82026 Front

81147 Rear
  • Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    I just returned a pair of the NAPA/Monroe 94015s (for front). They're about an inch shorter than the ones on my '51, and would have stopped the suspension extension well short of the normal limit. I couldn't find any identifying numbers on the old ones, unfortunately. But I have the dimensions, and will try to find some that match better than the 94015s. The 94080s fit perfectly on the rear.
  • I put new shocks on my '48 Commodore a couple of weeks ago. I went thru the same thing with trying to use old stock numbers. The Current info I got for Napa front shocks were Napa sensa-trac 5751 for the fronts (perfect fit) and Monroe 31094's for the rear (Pep Boy's). Niels
  • the correct number for rear monroe is 31094 dave just had his numbers transposed, fronts I useMonroe 5751. these are good numbers have bought them within last two weeks BILL ALBRIGHTS VINTAGE COACH
This discussion has been closed.