Terraplane spring malady

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Can someone who has a 1936 Terraplane tell me how many leafs should be in the front springs? Please help...my car sits way too high in the front, and the front springs have been reworked...I want to get it back down to proper level, and if leafs have been added, perhaps removing one or two will accomplish that. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    1936 Terraplanes have 8 leaves in the front springs, 9 in the rear. 33" long by 1-3/4" wide.

I have the mechanical specification sheets for 1936 - can email you a copy if you wish. Or you can go to www.yahoo.com, click on groups. When the next page comes up type HudsonTech in the search box, then click on HudsonTech in the box that comes up. When you get to the HudsonTech site, click on Files, then 1936 Hudson and Terraplane. You'll find the Service Info and Adjustment Sheets there.

HudsonTech

hester_nec@yahoo.com

(hester_nec @...........)
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    You can also try removing leaves, to make the car sit lower. If that doesn't work, you might opt for a brand new (old stock) spring. Try Vav's Vintage Auto, Bridgeport, Ohio, (614) 635-2975. My records show that (as of Dec. 1998) they had at least one pair of NOS front springs for models 61 and 62.
  • dave s
    dave s Senior Contributor, Moderator
    I have about 6 NOS leaf springs that we got from an old Hudson dealer's stock. No idea what they are for, but they are too short to be rear. If someone can give me dimensions, I will check them out.
This discussion has been closed.