46 coupe front end rebuild

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
hi, i just signed up and was hoping someone could help me. i have a 46 super coupe w/ a SBC and buick rearend. i have the stock frontend under it and i need to replace the bushings.

anyone done this? any suggestions? parts?

thanks

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Right off the top of my head I'd suggest you try Kanter Auto Products at sales1@kanter.com . They don't list Hudsons under their front end kits, but maybe they happen to have a spare bushing or two. Also, call Dave Kostansek or Tim Cheney at (440) 994-9173 or (440) 293-4079 before 8 PM (EST). They carry a lot of the 'wearable' Hudson parts. By the way, I don't know if you're a member of the H-E-T yet, but if not, check the club out at http://www.hudsonclub.org/ .
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Were you talking about the sway bar bushings? I thought you mean control arm bushings. If you're talking about the sway bar bushings, I have a NOS sway bar complete with bushings but I'm not sure what year it's for. If you could give me some dimensions I may be able to fix you up pretty cheaply!

--Jon Battle, HETdetailed@verizon.net (drop the HET)
  • Jon B wrote:
    Were you talking about the sway bar bushings? I thought you mean control arm bushings. If you're talking about the sway bar bushings, I have a NOS sway bar complete with bushings but I'm not sure what year it's for. If you could give me some dimensions I may be able to fix you up pretty cheaply!

--Jon Battle, HETdetailed@verizon.net (drop the HET)

well the sway bar is one. when i cut the coils to lower it, the sway bar geometry changed and the bar is longer than needed. let me measure and i will see wha tthe dimensions are.

i want to change anything that i can to enhance the control so i assume there are a couple of bushging i can adjust
This discussion has been closed.