Left side glove box 37' T-Plane

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I am looking for the glove box cover for the left side of the dash on my 37' Terraplane. The prevoius owner decided to put a Craig Power Play stereo in this spot and must have used a can opener to create his opening. Either the glove box door or the panel for that spot will work. Send me a private message if you can help. Would any other year Terraplane have the same glove box or cover plate?

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    I can tell you that this is a one-year-only cover plate. It is merely a plate, and doesn't have a hole punched for the glove box knob (there is no room for a glove box behind it, anyway). However, I attached a spare glove box hinge to the back so I can swing the panel open, because I have mounted a couple relays behind it, and it makes it easy to get in behind the dash for repairs. Whatever you do, try to obtain the screw and clip that hold the panel at the top (and the ones for the bottom as well, if you don't opt for the hinge).
  • Jon B wrote:
    I can tell you that this is a one-year-only cover plate. It is merely a plate, and doesn't have a hole punched for the glove box knob (there is no room for a glove box behind it, anyway). However, I attached a spare glove box hinge to the back so I can swing the panel open, because I have mounted a couple relays behind it, and it makes it easy to get in behind the dash for repairs. Whatever you do, try to obtain the screw and clip that hold the panel at the top (and the ones for the bottom as well, if you don't opt for the hinge).

Thank you Jon. That makes sense. The original glove box is big enough to hold a bank bag or small arsenal.
  • Have Good Used One At 35.00 Add Enough For Shipping, Bill Albright
  • bill a wrote:
    Have Good Used One At 35.00 Add Enough For Shipping, Bill Albright

Thanks, Bill.
  • My Lid Has All Mouting Brackets On Back And Center Cover Plate Also Two Small Dents Which Should Be Not Problem Let Me Know If You Want It, Bill Albright
This discussion has been closed.