232 Wasp carburetor linkage

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I saw this carburetor linkage arrangement on a Wasp for sale on e-bay.

Was this linkage stock equipment? If so, I'd like to buy a similiar linkage system if anyone has one sitting about unoccupied.

I am interested to know what carburetor this is or anything anyone can inform me about this setup.

a8_3.JPG

Thanks,

Mark Hudson

HEThudfarm@nctc.com - take the HET off

Comments

• brnhornet52*
    brnhornet52* Senior Contributor
    Hi Hudsonator,

Yes this is a stock linkage system, set up for the WA-1 Carter 1 bbl. The Hudson Jet linkage and carb is basically the same.
  • Thanks for the reply. I'm particularly interested in the coil bracket/linkage fulcrum piece that would bolt to a wide stepdown head. I intend on running a single 4-barrel carb on my own Wasp and had no idea a factory piece was out there that was similiar to what I was fixin' to fabricate.

How similiar is the Jet bracket? Is this type of linkage more common than I imagine? (this is what I get for previously being so Twin-H biased huh?)
  • brnhornet52*
    brnhornet52* Senior Contributor
    Hi Hudsonator,

There's another fulcrum-like piece that bolts down by the oil pressure relief valve, which attaches the accelerator to the rest of the linkage. You should be able to find either types (232 or 202 Jet) Check out the shop manuals for pics.
This discussion has been closed.