46 P/U fuel tank mounting

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Can anyone tell me how the fuel tank is supposed to be mounted in my 46 pickup? I installed it last night (bolted straps to the framework under the box) and found that it seems to sit to high. I do not have a floor in the box yet.

Pics would be great.

Comments

• ilT TAKES TWO STRAPS, WHICH BOLT TO THE RAIL BOLTS, HAVE STRAPS, IF YOU NEED THEM, BILL ALBRIGHT
  • I have straps that came with the truck, I don't know if they are the correct straps. Can someone give me an overall length that the straps should be?
  • uc4me wrote:
    Can anyone tell me how the fuel tank is supposed to be mounted in my 46 pickup? I installed it last night (bolted straps to the framework under the box) and found that it seems to sit to high. I do not have a floor in the box yet.

Pics would be great.

I can tell you from recent experience, (i.e. working under my truck yesterday), that the fuel line connection to the fuel tank is basically pressed against the bed wood and very close the the frame cross-member. It is possible to get a wrench on it but you can only turn the wrench a degree or two per stroke.

Hopefully this'll give you an alignment point to refer to.

Warren
This discussion has been closed.