Re-Post "Cam needed 1937 terraplane"

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
If I have to pay camcraftcams to make a cam it will cost me between 100 and 175. Does anyone know where I may be able to find one? Does anyone have a parts motor there willing sell at a reasonable price. I have been collecting all sorts of extra parts for this 37 and I'm willing to trade if theres something you may need.

Any help at all - even leads will be appreciated.

Does anyone know when Robbie Williams will be returning from Florida.

Thanks again for reading my re-post !!!!

My original post said:

I've have a 37 t-plane (6 cycl - 212ci) needing one good cam. Any one with a parts engine out there willing to give up a cam. If I have to I'll buy the whole cam shaft.

Any help would be great, I want to put the motor back together next week.

I live in south New Jersey - 20 miles from Philadelphia and 10 miles from Delaware.

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Would camcraftcams be making the cam from scratch, or re-grinding your present one? If making from scratch, would they give a discount if you ordered several? If that were true, you should see if you can interest others in buying one, because then the price per person would go down. I think if you found a good N.O.S. one, you would be paying darned near $100 for it anyway!
  • Jon B is right - more for less, I would need to send them my best one - if they have a master they can work with yhrn the price would then be $100, if not they would have to make a master and the cost would be $175. Is any one else interested? I can get them to quote several - that way they will have one set up for the grinder and I'm sure the price will come down.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    I'm fairly sure you can get a worn one; hold tight. Meanwhile, why not press the company for a price for...say...a quantity of ten, based upon their having a master to work with. Then, place an ad in the WTN announcing your intention and giving a price per unit if ten can be made. (I'm assuming you're in the H-E-T Club?). There are several hundred 1937's out there and there should be a number of people who are interested. (If not...well, nothing ventured, nothing lost...). Do let Robbie know of your plans, he can spread the word as well. By the way, I don't know when he's returning but I'll bet he's home by early May!

This just in -- Robbie will be home in about a week (i.e., about April 21)
  • have very good used 37 cam, will take 125.00 plus shipping, BILL ALBRIGHTS VINTAGE COACH, 16593 ARROW BL, FONTANA, CA 92335
This discussion has been closed.