Water Leak

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
A friend of mine owns a 52 pacemaker. Everytime it rains, the floor board on the drivers side gets wet. Doesn't leak around windshield. Does anyone have the answer?

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    It could be around the door. Has your friend examined the seals around the door opening? Possibly, new ones from K-Gap would help. One particularly troublesome place is the seal between the front edge of the door and the front piller, where the door hinges. I believe there are supposed to be two rubber seals here, one on the pillar and one on the door itself. When these were not correctly sealed (I understand) rain would get down the seam between the two, and get inside the door. Some of it was absorbed by the door upholstery (which was then discolored) and some dripped right down on the floor, which then rusted out eventually.
  • Club Coupe
    Club Coupe Expert Adviser
    There is a drain hose located behind the driver's side kick panel that could be clogged or broken and may be the problem. You will have to get under the dash and look up towards the top of the kick panel to see it. Hard to get to but easy to replace.
This discussion has been closed.