running light/turnsignal assembly parts needed

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I have been wiring up my 46 P/U for turnsignals and running lights, My fenders have the holes for the top mounted trim and light assembly. I have the long piece for each side and the front piece that the light mounts in,

It looks like I am missing both lenses and maybe a cover piece for the front part of the trim?

Anyone have a close up pic of what the finished product looks like?

anyone know where I can get this stuff

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    If you can't find the glass lenses you can get plastic repro's from K-Gap, I believe. (714) 523-0403.
  • dave s
    dave s Senior Contributor, Moderator
    If you look at my 1941 sedan, the lights are the same. http://home.earthlink.net/~dsollon/public.htm/41c8.jpg
  • Yup, looks like I am missing the covers for the front, I'll have to find those and check out K-Gap for the lenses.
  • LanceB
    LanceB Senior Contributor
    What are you doing for the rear lights. Been thinking about adding the turn lights to my truck also.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    If you have the Hudson turn signal with 6 wires, you can use your existing taillights for the turn signals. The signals share a filament with the brakes.

The nice thing about the Hudson turn signals (up to 1953 at least) is that they will clamp right onto the steering posts back to at least 1937, and they come with the metal raceway and cast fitting at bottom, which takes the wires up neatly under the dash -- the whole thing is very understated and looks like it was made for the car. (You can paint it to match the steering column and it practically disappears.) Then too, you can make it self-cancelling (unlike some of the add-on switches) by cutting a small hole in the steering column jacket and attaching a hose clamp to the steering shaft to act as a cancelling cam. The only thing you have to figure out, is where to put the indicator light, as that is separate from the switch. You can either place it in a hole in the dash (as original) or mount it under the dash on a bracket if you wish not to call attention to it. All in all, the switch is 'authentic Hudson', useful, and often cheap when found at Hudson swap meets.
  • I installed a signal-stat 900 unit in my truck.

the brake lights now function through the turn signal switch.

I got the wiring instructions from this site:

www.stovebolt.com/techtips/turn_signal.htm

I used 59 rambler taillights as I am going for a mild custom look for my truck
  • Have 46 2door super 6, looking for complete turn signal setup. Does not have to be original as I'm going to be using it as daily driver and not for show.
  • I found this on Dave Sollon's web site and just received it from Rudy Bennett.

TURN-SIGNALS with the instructions to install on any car-truck.

Top quality Chrome plated steel lever and housing that has the built -in-emergency switch.

Mounts to the side of any steering column and is 6-12-24 volt. (with 2 ft of wire harness) 30.00 plus shipping RUDY--915-821 6870 HARRY BENNETT <rbennett37@sbcglobal.net>

I purchased one of these for my 46 pick up and found it to be well worth the money.
This discussion has been closed.