49 Front Window Lower Inside Spring Clip *

rambos_ride
rambos_ride Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Just finished gutting my car. When I removed the front windows I had 1 of the lower "spring" clips or retainers that was weak from rust.

Anyone got an extra?

I'd gladly pay for it - not looking for a freebie!

Comments

• rambos_ride
    Hello all Hudsonites! I'm gearing up to put the front glass in sooner rather than later - and I really would like to find one of these clips.

It's the clip that the lower edge of the windshield rests on and is held on with a sheet metal screw.

Please Help!
  • Rambo, Do you mean the crooked "L" clip for the front windshield?
  • hudsonguy
    hudsonguy Senior Contributor
    Rambo, when I did my 49 last winter, I lost one of those "U-shaped" retainers, and simply made another one from some light gauge sheet metal I had laying around. If it's the part I think you're talking about, it will only take one drilled hole in the center and two bends and to make one.

Anyway, I ended up finding my 'lost' one, and still have the other one I made up somewhere in the mess I call my garage. I'd be glad to send it to you if you'd like. Course, I'd have to find it first.

Let me know if you're interested. My email is 'HEThudsonguy@att.net' (remove the HET)

Good Luck,

Doug
  • rambos_ride
    Darn if I can find the box I put the things into - but It should be a U-Shaped "clip". I say clip because they appear to be made of spring type steel so that the window actually "snap fits" into the opening and the "clips" help retain pressure against the glass/seal assembly.

I'm just thinking that fabricating a mount that doesn't have the same properties may place uneven stress on the glass and or contribute to leakage...HudsonGuy, I take it you used your original once you found it?

At least this is what I believe they do which is why I was going to try and find a stock nos/used replacement - any glaziers out there or others who have installed their front windows want to put their .02?
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    Bill Albrite must have a gazzilion of em.
  • Rambo are you still there? I have the clips . Are you interested?
  • rambos_ride
    Hudzilla - got the parts in today. Everything looks awesome - that hinge looked so nice compared to the original it brought a tear to my eye! (I posted pics of the original on 49c8.com -> Restoration -> Doors)

Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.