1949 Hudson Brougham

hdsn49
hdsn49 Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON

Comments

• You have done an exceptional job. Thanks for sharing your handywork.

Ken
  • Very nice indeed. Great job. Love to see it in person some day. See you are in CT. Any chance you are taking the drivef to the Rhinebeck show next week??????
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    Will add your '49 to my Hudson web site - under Hudson Owners Cars - 1946-1957.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

http://groups.msn.com/HudsonMotorCarCompany/
  • hdsn49
    I will have the car at the Eastern Regional in Springfield, MA this June
  • hudsontech
    How about Carl Webers meet the 12th of June, Ed.

Hudsonly,

Alex B
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    A beautiful restoration job and one you can justly be proud of! I hope you'll be able to get it out to some mixed-make shows this summer, as well as Hudson meets, to show the non-Hudson world what a superb Super Six looks like.

By the way, was the upholstery from that SMS company, or did you find a somewhat less-expensive example of the authentic Hudson fabric, elsewhere?
  • hdsn49
    Two replies,

Alex: I won't be able to make Carl's Meet in June Unfortunately.

Jon: I plan on going to several mixed-make shows this summer with the car. I also plan on showing the car at the 5th Annual Cruisin' On Main. This is a meet in Manchester, CT that I started 5 years ago. I have never had any of my own cars on display. This year I am planning on using my private parking lot to showcase Hudson auto's. I hope to have about 6-10 Hudsons there from the Yankee and New England Chapters. In addition I am going to set up the display windows of my store with Hudson memorabilia.

Yes the seat cushion material is from SMS. Expensive, but I wanted to be as close as I could to original.
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    Forgive me for being impolite - how much is expensive? I have a 49 commodore sedan that I need to do front and rear.
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    LeBarron Bonney has striped wool very close to what was original on the 49. $44 a yard about a year ago.
  • hudsontech
    Ed, pls to send details of you Manchester meet and I'll put it in the Nor' by NorEast.

Hudsonly,

Alex B
  • hudsontech
    Oh sure - ask the guy to send me info on his meet for the newsletter and don't include an email address. Stupid!! LOL

NECEditor@yahoo.com

Hudsonly,

Alex B
This discussion has been closed.