rocker panels for 54

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Hi, does any one know if rocker panels for a 54 hornet 4 door can be purchased. Thanks...Jim

Comments

• I doubt it. But you should be able to manufacture them with an edge of a steel table and a welding tank if you don't have the proper metalshaping equipment. I will check around for pre formed panels tomorrow for you.

eric
  • dave s
    dave s Senior Contributor, Moderator
    1954 Rocker panels They have reproductions of 48-54 2 & 4 dr. and also Jet!! Fab-Tech, 21 Hercules Drive,Colchester,Vt.05446. ( Listed in Hemmings as Green Mountain Parts) You must order through the vendor.Ph.802-948-2082 (I got Barbara) She tells me that they make 54 Rockers for coupes (2004 prices: 48 inches long $98.00 ea. plus shipping) for 4 dr.sedans(72 inches long $98.00 each, plus shipping)
  • russmaas
    russmaas Senior Contributor
    Yes they can be! Green Mountain parts number is in the Hemmings Motor news. Have gotten 2 sets from them
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Do these fit well, Russ? I had heard that the Green Mountain rockers did not have the compound curve (at least on the earlier Step-Downs). So, though they curved in cross-section, they did not take the curve of the car itself from front to rear (as seen looking down from the roof). But maybe this is an old wives tale or it's a problem that has now been corrected.
  • russmaas
    russmaas Senior Contributor
    Jon:

They had a very slight break about one inch from the top of the rocker. You had to look down from the rear tire forward to see it. I hit it with a few coats of epoxy primer and sanded it out. Also you have to crimpe a recess were the front fender lays on top of the rocker. Some work but work nice for me. The overall curve matched for me
This discussion has been closed.