53 carb question

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I obtained a complete 1953 super wasp 2 dr that was found parked in a barn. The son even drove it to my house. I paid 1500$ for it. It had 4 coats of paint but no rust to body and minor rust underneith. So I think I got a good deal on it. As I was checking out the engine I saw the intake and exhaust manifold was cracked. Thanks to ebay I found an intake, 2 carbs and 2 air cleaners off a 1954 twin h for the sum of 125$. Now the question..... is there a place I can order kits to rebuild these carbs to match my 262? I have found kits to rebuild the carbs back to stock (308) but I was told I could never tune the carbs down enough to work on the 262 and when I ask about ordering smaller jets all I hear is "uhhhh I don't know" I am currently preping the body for paint ( media blast / dip have already been done ) and would like to rip into the engine. Any advise would greatly be apprea. Thank-you in advance.

Comments

• Which model of Carter carbs did you get? I don't think you will have any trouble tuning them for the 262. Give me the model number and I can tell you about the jetting.
  • Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    Check with Tim Cheney and Dave Kostansek ... they have kits for most if not all the Hudson carbs, and may have the right jets and metering rods (440) 293-4079. If not, Hewitt (Daytona Parts) in FL likely has them, or you could sent the carbs to them for rebuild to 262 specs. http://www.daytonaparts.com. They do excellent work.
This discussion has been closed.