Stepdown Reproduction Glass

rambos_ride
rambos_ride Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Who has the best reproduction glass / prices for stepdowns (in this case specifically a 1949)?

I need

L/R Front Windshields

L/R Read Door

L/R Quarter Panel

I going to have the glass for the front door custom made as I am removing the wing windows and need to have them bent in a kiln

My back glass is ok - and its my understanding because of the nature of the compound curve of the back glass that new replacements are not available?

Thanks

Comments

• Club Coupe
    Club Coupe Expert Adviser
    Phillips Classic Auto Glass has repo glass and may still have some NOS windshields. I bought NOS from them for my car about 18 months ago and they still had some NOS in stock at that time.They are in Poplar Bluff, Missouri. 1-573-785-1927 or classicglass@semo.net
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    You might also try:

Bob's Classic Auto Glass,

21170 Highway 36

Blachly, OR 97412

Voice: 800-624-2130
  • Bob's has the windshields, both clear or tinted for $370. He has an eBay store. Here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4547157266&category=34207&sspagename=WDVW
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    I used his tinted in my 49 and was very happy with the price and quality. I was warned that the repro glass may be thinner and not seat in the gasket.. Not so, Bob's fit perfectly and I think may have been a wisker thicker than original. He has all the side glass also.

Dave W. Fl
  • hdsn49
    hdsn49 Senior Contributor
    I also used Bob's for my 49 windshield glass. They fit perfectly. When I called to order the glass he told me, that he is also into Hudsons. He has a couple of Hudsons. Got rid of his brand Xs' to get into Hudsons. Smart guy.
  • Bobs Is The Way To Go. Top Quality, The Vent Wing Glass Is Flat And Not Necessary To Bend In Kiln. We Change Them In The Frame, Without Removing Charome Frame, Just Pull Out Old Glass, Tape The New Glass And Pound In With Rubber Hammer, Bill Albrights Vintage Coach, Fontana, Ca
  • Howdy

I saw Bob's on Ebay and he does seem to have all the right stuff. I am gonna need the passenger side door glass and the rear driver side window glass asap. I have one crack in the windshield driverside, but, I think I will live with that for a while, until I can afford to go with the tinted set and new rubber.

We are pulling the front cap and doors tomorrow, and restoration will start on these parts . This old beast came my way thru a friend that has 3 Hudsons. He had started working on this one to be a street rod. He got screwed by some shady mechanics and also is in bad health, so, he sold me this one. It has a 460 Ford motor that has been stroked to 514 inches! It's for sale if anybodys interested, because I am gonna go with a Chevy smallblock, for practicality. We will know more tomorrow about the shape of the undercarriage, when we get her off the ground and undressed

Billy
This discussion has been closed.