molding connectors

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Does anybody have a source for the stainless molding clips that connect together two pieces of stainless for a 53 Hornet. I am looking for the clips that are above the side window glass and the clip that is for the molding where the outside antenna is located.

Comments

• Club Coupe
    Club Coupe Expert Adviser
    K-gap has stainless clips for moldng. If I understand you correctly I think That that is what you are looking for. They may have the other clips too. 760-868-2284
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    I think you are looking for the small piece that covers the gap between the two moldings? I was missing a couple for the 54HH and was able to find someone that had a parts car and they "donated" them.I don't think anyone is making them. 52-54 are the same I think. Maybe someone will see your post and make a contribution..

Good Luck, Dave W. Fl.
  • Club Coupe
    Club Coupe Expert Adviser
    I've re-read your post along with Dave's answer and now I understand what you are looking for. You want the stainless piece (about 1" long) that covers the joint in the stainless window trim. Dave is correct that you will need to find a donor car, but you might also contact Bill Albright to see if he can help you out.
  • hdsn49
    hdsn49 Senior Contributor
    I have some extras from parts cars. How many do you need? Email me at hudsn49@cox.net. They should be the same from 48 thru 54.

Ed F. CT
  • they are the same for all stepdowns, escept the antenna one, only 52 up had these, they are a hot item as everyone looses them when pulling stainless off car to paint. i have some left but need 4 bucks apiece, hope you can find a donor, i am running low, BILL ALBRIGHT
  • Couldn't these clips be made from a spare piece of the molding itself: cut to length - trim edges to match existing clip and bend slightly to open up so it would snap over to cover the seam?
  • sent one wilth lmirror, bill albright
This discussion has been closed.