Save An 31 Essex

hdsn49
hdsn49 Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I received a disturbing email from Jerre Hoffman last night. He got an email from a gentleman about a 31 Essex 2 door sedan with 64K. The gentleman plans to street rod the car. He asked Jerre if someone might be interested in the drive train from the car. As you can see from the attached photo the car is too nice an example of a Essex to street rod. Jim DiGiorgio suggested that we try to offer him a Chevy or a Ford to street rod. It just happens that my brother Dan and I have a 30 Chevy Sedan that would make an excellant street rod candidate (older amatuer restoration w/o motor, and its only a Chevy). Well we have started the ball rolling by offering to sell him the Chevy and encouraging him to sell the Essex. Anybody out there interested in the Essex? Email me at hudsn49@cox.net

PS I don't have a problem with a Hudson street rod as long as it is a worthy candidate This car it too nice to street rod.

Comments

• Not to mention it would make a goofy street rod. No amount of chopping or slicing could make it better than the way it looks now. I guess there is no accounting for bad taste. Too bad the American Chopper/American Hot Rod generation does not know any better. If it happens, there will be one less 31 Esses and one bad looking something or other.
  • ernie28
    ernie28 Expert Adviser
    What has happened re this car - has anyone saved it? Just curious..
  • Let's look at it this way.......if he street-rods it, there are going to be a lot of parts that he could put back into circulation, which in turn, might get MORE Hudsons going. From the looks of that car, at least someone would be getting "GOOD" parts, instead of paying top-dollar, for worn out ones. He's already offered up the drivetrain, no telling what's next. Remember, it is "HIS" car! And by the way, Fords and Chevy's have been done-to-death. People are looking for the "unique" now. Seems to me, the more Hudson's that get out, maybe the less I'll have to answer the question, "Who made Hudson's?"........Now don't tell me you've NEVER been asked THAT question?(ha)
This discussion has been closed.