Spotlight mirror

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Is there a spotlight out there that has a mirror on the back of it?? I've heard of such a product, but never seem to see it anywhere.

My outside mirrors on my stepdowns are pretty limited in their usefullness, (especially on the passenger side) and was wondering if a car equipped with spotlight(s) would find this more usefull.

I suppose they'd look a bit odd though, when the spotlight was aimed downward, or anywhere else, (when not in use).

Just wondering,

silverone

Comments

• Club Coupe
    Club Coupe Expert Adviser
    I think that you are right about the passenger side spotlight looking odd if it is not aimed to look right visually. I have tried different mirror combinations to get a passenger side mirror that can actually be used, including using the wide angle stick-on piece, which ended up making the view worse. The problem seems to be the mounting the fender mount type mirrors. If the mirror is mounted far enough toward the rear the vent window can't be opened up very far. In order to open the vent the mirror needs to be mounted more toward the front and then the windshield pillar blocks the view. What I finally ended up with are a pair of clip on type door edge mirrors. The passenger side is not 100% but does give a pretty fair view. I got them from a seller on E-bay that advertises the mirrors on a regular basis. If you decide to buy from this seller take WARNING, he is very, very slow at shipping and does not communicate. My mirrors took 6 weeks to arrive by parcel post at FedX rates. Plus it is cash only, so beware. Mirrors are good quality but the seller leaves much to be desired. That is my mirror story and solution. Lastly, there were spotlight/mirror combinations made in both round and square styles. I don't know if they are available new but you might check with JC Whitney and the like and E-bay.
  • I Sell Top Quality Outside Rear View Mirros For Stepdowns At 30 Bucks Each Same Round Diameter As Originals. Slightly Different Bases. Bill Albrights Vintage Coach
This discussion has been closed.