hudson

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
:) need information on hudson ,on frame id. # , for 1934,pls. thanks

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    if you post the serial number we can tell you which model you have.
  • Jon B wrote:
    if you post the serial number we can tell you which model you have.

DH8350- Ithink it's a 1934
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    Serial numbers in 1934 ran thus: LT Special and LU Deluxe, 116" wb - 950,000; LTS Challenger, 116" wb - 964,463; LL Special and LLU Deluxe, 123" wb - 252,000. If that is, indeed, a valid serial number, than the closest thing to it would be a 1932 Model U Sterling - 62884 up, or possibly a later model - 1935 and up, for example, began at 101, regardless of model.

Hudsonly,

Alex B
  • hudsontech wrote:
    Serial numbers in 1934 ran thus: LT Special and LU Deluxe, 116" wb - 950,000; LTS Challenger, 116" wb - 964,463; LL Special and LLU Deluxe, 123" wb - 252,000. If that is, indeed, a valid serial number, than the closest thing to it would be a 1932 Model U Sterling - 62884 up, or possibly a later model - 1935 and up, for example, began at 101, regardless of model.

Hudsonly,

Alex B

thanks for the info,----in the Hemmings Motor Book of HUDSONS, article,and pics,of an identical 1934 as mine ,body style etc. comments pls.my registration,hopefully will be Ca.,their getting pretty finiky (Ca.)---- thanks Mark B
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    If you think CA is finicky about registrations I know a couple states, at least (Massachusetts and Ohio) that go bonkers if you try to register an old car with the "less than 10 digits" most had. MA and OH want the full alpha/numeric that is used today. In MA you have to have a police officer inspect the vehicle and certify that the short number on the car ID tag is indeed the correct number - and sometimes not even that is enough to keep them happy. However, if for example, you arrive at the MA registry with a bill of sale and a title from another state, they will be happy to register your old car with the 4 digit serial number. LOL
This discussion has been closed.