Serial I D number plate

hudsonsplasher1
hudsonsplasher1 Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Does anyone know of a source for a new serial number plate that goes on the passenger side post of a 39 Hudson? I have a home made one that was on the car when I bought it, but it looks tacky.

Comments

• Keep an eye on ebay. I saw some a while back.
  • Maybe someone with a parts car can supply one. That's how I got the one for my 54 Coupe. Check The WTN for someone with a parts car.
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    I just bought one for a 54 from Kgap I know they had them for the earlier stepdowns also. Perhaps the 46-47 ? My catalog is at the shop or I would check. I restamped the numbers using a number stamp set I had. Not exactly the same "font" but it looks official. I kept the screwed up one in the glove box in case it gets questioned.Some painter removed this one with a hammer and a chisel! Place the new plate on a solid surface and tap the stamp firmly. Dont Whack it! The plate is soft aluminum. I also obtained some drive rivets from a Model A Ford restoration supplier. They look like the original rivets. Just drill the holes to the proper size and push the rivets in. Maybe a little super glue behind the plate would be a good Idea. I'll do that after the paint goes on.

Dave W. Fl
  • hudsonsplasher1
    hudsonsplasher1 Senior Contributor
    Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.
This discussion has been closed.