window glass runner/ felt

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I am attempting to install new side window glass in a 53 Hornet (both driver's side and passenger side). The runners are missing the felt and/or anything else that went with it. Is there a source for the window channel runners (sides and top). I am also having a problem with our local glass installer (he doesn't know how the take the old glass out yet - I gave him the body manual to look at, but that confused him a little more)

Comments

• I just changed all the flat glass in my 51 Hornet last year. You need two channels to make this work. I got the channel from my local glass dealer. The channel that fits in the chrome slot next to the front quarter window is W5V which is a non-beaded strip. The beaded strip that goes up the channel and over to meet the non-beaded in Y630P96 these are standard numbers as we pulled them out of a US catalog.

To remove the windows of course remove the trim then wind the windows all the way down then remove the screws around the winder and along the door, they are big screws and they hold the regulator in. Get those out and push the winder through the hole this will drop the glass and the regulator down. Then push the regulator tabs out of the slot in the glass bracket. Turn the glass sideways and move it out through the window slot length wise. Its a bit fiddly but works like a charm. When you replace the glass if the rubber seal the glass is in can be saved save it. It has a lip on it that stops water when the glass is all the way up. If its screwed get new stuff from K-Gap its called "window setting channel" Their stock number is #196 you will need three pieces to complete a sedan.
  • hdsn49
    hdsn49 Senior Contributor
    Restoration Specialties & Supply, INC. Phone 814-467-9842. They have everything you will need. Web site www.restorationspecialties.com. I used the following numbers for the restoration of my 49.

Y528 72" length Stainless steel beaded window channel

YM3 72" length Belt weatherstrip w/stainless steel bead

They also have the Unbeaded Glass run channel between the vent window and side glass. They are also a great source for nuts,bolts, screws etc.

For the Glass setting channels KGap has those. I was able to change my own side glass. It wasn't that difficult. I had a professional install the windshields and back window glass.
This discussion has been closed.